Tuesday, September 2, 2014

ISIS Beheads Another American Journalist

They said they would, and they did.

Incidentally, if Obama or someone else insists beheadings are un-Islamic, you might mention how Islam's founder, back in the day, said "off with their heads" or the equivalent re all the men (800 or so) of the Banu Qurayza, a Jewish tribe. (The women and children were taken as booty.)



Update: The journalist who was beheaded, Steven Joel Sotloff, was Jewish. The person who did the foul deed, reportedly the same English jihadi who offed James Foley, is, of course, responsible for it. That said, knowing what happened to Daniel Pearl, why would any Jew put himself in harm's way by reporting from this particular war scene?

Update: Last week Sotloff's mother begged "the caliph" to spare her son's life:
The mother of an American journalist who is being held by Islamic State (Isis) militants made a plea for her son’s safe return to the group’s leader on Wednesday.  
“I am sending this message to you, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi al-Quraishi al-Hussaini, the caliph of the Islamic State. I am Shirley Sotloff. My son Steven is in your hands,” she said in a video posted on The New York Times website. “You, the caliph, can grant amnesty. I ask you please to release my child. I ask you to use your authority to spare his life.” 
Referring to Baghdadi as the caliph could likely be seen as controversial, as it suggests the group is gaining legitimacy. 
“As a mother, I ask your justice to be merciful and not punish my son for matters he has no control over. I ask you to use your authority to spare his life and to follow the example set by the Prophet Muhammad, who protected People of the Book. I want what every mother wants, to live to see her children’s children, I plead with you to grant me this.”
Poor woman. Did she not know that "the Prophet Muhammad" is the caliph's go-to person for an example of how to treat (and execute) Jews? Or did she know about the Banu Qurayza and in her desperation figure that mentioning how terrific Muhammad is couldn't hurt? Either way, she is now forced to endure an unbearable loss.

No comments: